Aboriginal language programs are unique because they involve language revival. This is a complex process that takes a long time and in some places is only just beginning. There are some topics that schools and communities have consistently requested information about and on the following pages you can find advice about these topics:
- What is language revival?
- Why learn an Aboriginal language?
- The sounds and writing systems of NSW Aboriginal languages
- Language learning in the community
- Getting a school program started
- Taking the team approach
- Writing a teaching and learning program
- Making written resources
- Funding and endorsements.